Gena R. Kidd, MD
About Gena R. Kidd, MD
Doctor of Ophthalmology, LASIK, Cataracts, PRK, Corrective Eye Surgery
Dr. Kidd resides in West Lafayette, Indiana with her husband Steve, their son Benjamin, and daughter Nicole. Dr. Kidd quotes, “My goal is to provide each patient with exceptional surgical and medical eye care, while acknowledging that each person has different needs. I will never underestimate the importance of eye health to the overall mental and physical health of those I treat.”
Dr. Kidd’s Specialties are in:
- Cornea and External Diseases
- Corneal Transplantation and DSAEK procedure
- No-stitch, drop less cataract surgery including premium lens options
- LASIK/PRK Laser vision correction
- CK for Near Vision
- Dry Eye Treatment
- Other services provided: in-office laser procedures; functional eyelid surgery; pterygium removal; and the diagnosis and treatment of a comprehensive range of eye conditions, including cataracts, glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, mild and moderate macular degeneration.
Dr. Kidd received her undergraduate education from the University of Missouri. She graduated Magna Cum Laude in 1989 and went on to earn her Doctorate Summa Cum Laude from the University of Missouri’s School of Medicine. She completed an internship at St. John’s Mercy Medical Center in St. Louis, Missouri before moving on to a residency in the Ophthalmology department at UNC Hospital in North Carolina. After completing residency, Dr. Kidd continued her training at the University of South Florida in Tampa, where she did a fellowship in cornea and external diseases, which included corneal transplant and refractive surgery. Following the fellowship, Dr. Kidd spent two years at the St. Louis University Eye Institute teaching residents-in-training about cataract surgery and diseases of the cornea.